Hospital Chief Strategy Officer Core Competencies and Responsibilities:
Leads in development and implementation of facility business strategy
- Develops and implements strategy which leads to improvement in market share consistent with Tenet Healthcareï¿½s mission and core values.
- Uses data to analyze market dynamics, trends and competition and implements strategies to meet market demand.
- Assesses market development strategy and industry trends as appropriate, leading to the generation of innovative ideas to improve current business plan and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates exceptional financial management and analytical skills while leading the annual business planning process and preparing forecasts.
- Effectively advises CEO in the development and execution of short- and long-term strategies.
- Establishes and influences others to achieve goals, targets and metrics consistent with strategic and operational objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent formal presentation and interpersonal communication skills that result in understanding of, and commitment to, strategic initiatives.
- Leads senior executive team in advancing the facilityï¿½s short- and long-term strategic plans. Aids in Service Line Development
- Identifies, evaluates, and gains consensus for development of new or expansion of current inpatient and/or outpatient services and programs based on lack of current supply, quality, growth and/or service in the market.
- Works in collaboration with hospital/department leaders to develop strategic service lines ensuring physician engagement to achieve desired results in quality, service, operations and financial metrics.
- Understands all operational components necessary to implement a new or expand a current service line, including but not limited to capital, equipment, people, education, quality metrics and costs.
- Monitors, understands and assesses service line performance by key performance indicators (volume, outcomes, market shares, etc.).
- Gathers competitive intelligence from the community on service line opportunities.
- Leads discussions with physicians, community-based facilities, local payers, providers and employers to gain information related to collaboration and support for strategic initiatives and service line development/enhancement to meet the needs of the community served.
- Work in collaboration with other Tenet and Tenet JV facilities (hospitals and USPI locations) to develop network opportunities and service line enhancements.
Effectively manages the Provider Outreach Program and works to meet community need through recruitment of physicians
- Builds targeted performance objectives for Provider Outreach team which identifies opportunities for greater collaboration to achieve common goals of better serving our shared patients.
- Supports Provider Outreach Program priorities, identifies outreach partners across the care continuum, and develops strategies and metrics while monitoring progress to plan.
- Ensures community, physician and longitudinal care partners, awareness of new initiatives and identification and remediation of service issues that may impact program development.
- Plans, organizes and directs strategies that develop physician relationships and physician manpower plans consistent with facility service line plans and community need.
- Works in collaboration with physician recruiters to fulfill community need in a manner consistent with service line requirements.
- Maintains high visibility among physician community and earns a reputation for effectively listening and leading facility change efforts that build physician loyalty and enhance the patient experience.
Analyzes data to make fact-based decisions and monitors variances to understand facility trends
- Studies internal and external data trends to realize opportunities to better serve the community.
- Identifies and vets new business opportunities based on research and analysis.
- Monitors internal data to understand the driving forces of business variables, and then implements corrective action when/where appropriate.
- Understands and demonstrates competency utilizing all data available.
Leads an effective consumer engagement plan and partners to ensure improvement in consumer experience
- Executes effective marketing plans that differentiate services based on quality, service, and/or outcomes and have measurable positive ROI.
- Leads efforts that provide consumer education around care options and collectively enhance patient experience.
- Serves on the patient advisory, physician leadership group and patient satisfaction committees.
- Leads an effective consumer engagement strategy, within budgeted guidelines, that creates differentiation and awareness in the facilityï¿½s market.
A comprehensive, competitive, compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 25 percent.
Minimum undergraduate degree in Business, or appropriately relevant field, is required. An advanced degree in Business,
Healthcare Administration, or Public Health is preferred.
Required Background Experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in Strategic Planning and Healthcare Strategy/Development is required. Experience developing complex business plans and using data to drive strategy is a must.
- Knowledge of healthcare organization and administration and of standards and laws applicable to managing strategy and planning issues with facility operations.
- Knowledge of health care, strategic and financial planning.
- Proven financial management skills, capable of reaching closure and timely accomplishment of objectives with a focus on P & L.
- Knowledge of principles of interactive planning, participatory management and influence management.
- Skilled at executing strategy and problem solving; asks the right questions, follows up and determines the facts, setting priorities based on business opportunity. Skilled at spotting trends and developments. Able to direct the development of business plans and proformas.
Job: Executive Search
Primary Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Facility: Tenet Executive Search
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905020739
About Tenet Executive Search
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.