Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
PRN Days. 30 Minute Call could be required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly assists the licensed anesthesia care provider with patient preparation; airway management; insertion of peripheral, arterial or central lines; and administration of regional blocks. Anticipates the needs of the licensed anesthesia care provider. Is available in all clinical settings where anesthesia services are provided.
· Works within the standards of practice as described by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
· Demonstrates speed and timeliness in all duties, particularly in preparation for emergent procedures. Participates in room turnovers in an efficient and timely manner.
· Adheres to and promotes all safety and infection control measures. Adheres to aseptic technique. Wears personal protective equipment as required.
· Promotes control of costs through efficient management of supplies, equipment and services.
· Provides training and orientation to staff and new personnel.
· Recognizes and adheres to all regulatory agency requirements as they relate to anesthesia and patient safety.
· Maintains an inventory of equipment used by the licensed anesthesia care providers. Maintains or has access to all preventative maintenance records. Reports defective equipment to clinical engineering. Appropriately tags equipment and removes from service.
· Completes with proficiency monthly statistical reports and coordinates the anesthesia fiscal and capital budget process.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Working knowledge of computers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a certified anesthesia technician preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· CPR certification is required
· LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· ACLS certification is preferred
· Certification requirements established by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) preferred
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
Corporate Compliance Program:
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
· Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital’s Incident Report Form.
· Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
· Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures.
· Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department(s) response to utility failure.
· Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures.
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council.
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional Activities and Expectations
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Maintains satisfactory work attendance
· Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
· Completes and maintains all unit and Hospital competencies
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel and Adventist Health System.
Assists the licensed anesthesia care providers in all clinical settings where anesthesia services are provided. Prepares and maintains anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia. Performs first level maintenance on anesthesia equipment. Performs duties under the direct supervision of the licensed anesthesia care provider and reports directly to the clinical nurse manager of the Operating Room. Performs operating room turnover functions and environmental tasks while maintaining a safe environment. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.