Under direct supervision of qualified orthopedic personnel, and according to established policies and procedures, performs both technical and non-technical duties such as applying traction equipment, applying and removing casts, providing operation room assistance, maintaining equipment, ensuring adequate inventory and/or supplies, and related duties.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with additional classes in basic science and anatomy.
2. One to two years experience in related patient care activities.
1. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary for maintaining productive relationships with medical and nursing staff.
2. Manual dexterity and visual acuity for passing instruments, cutting sutures, and related work .
3. Ability to stand and walk while performing daily rounds at least 80% of the time.
4. Ability to reach, bend push, pull and lift while applying/adjusting orthopedic equipment and providing assistance to patients.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105019656
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.