Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
PRN Days. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN and physician.
· Provides treatments and procedures as indicated and within the defined scope of practice
· Adheres to hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Follows aseptic technique, when opening and donning gloves
· Prepares OR suite between procedures,maintains an orderly area per unit standard of work
· Anticipates needs of OR room turn-over and is readily available when needed.
· Cleans, dresses, prepares and checks all stretchers for proper functioning and adequate levels of O2 in each tank
· Assists in moving and positioning of patients for surgical procedures.
· Responsible for transporting patients/ equipment to various procedure sites.
· Consults with clinical coordinator when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure.
· Stocks all warmers with blankets; and monitor the warming cabinet throughout the shift.
· Stocks perioperative cart with regular bags, red bags, paper products and cleaning chemicals and supplies.
· Cleans ancillary areas as directed following unit standards of work
· Provides each OR with a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags.
· Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area.
· Replaces mop head after each case; careful not to contaminate clean solution
· Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage.
· Follows all infection control practices including; hand washing and standard precautions.
· Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
· Reports safety hazards to the Nurse Manager/Coordinator.
· Provides world class service by always introduces self to patients and families; before transporting patient.
· Communicate with nurse and ensures patient chart is with the patient before transporting patient.
· Identifies by asking patient to state name and birth date and compare to ID band.
· Informs the appropriate nurse of requests, problems or concerns expressed by or relating to the patient or pertaining to the perioperative environment.
· Transports all patients safely by utilizing, side rails, brakes, leg/foot holders and assuring safe management of patient.
· Provides patient privacy and warmth during patients transport by always covering with a blanket/ sheet
· Transports blood, non-narcotic drugs, x-rays, specimens, supplies, equipment and or medical records as requested and in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of High School/GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
Patient Promise (Credo)
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is a place where the individualized care and comfort of our patients and guests is our highest calling.
Through our mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ, we will provide quality care for every patient, every time. We will treat our patients and guests with the same compassion that we desire for ourselves. We will involve our patients in planning their care. We will relieve pain and offer hope through skill and expertise of our staff and physicians. We do this following the example of Jesus who healed the sick, comforted the mourners, soothed the afflicted and spoke peace to the distressed.
· Integrity and Ethics – I will always be empowered to do the right thing for every patient every time.
· Compassion – I will always treat every patient and their family as the person I love the most.
· Accountability to the Team – I will always work collaboratively with my Florida Hospital Zephyrhills team to meet every need of our patients.
· Respect and Trust – I will always display respect and professionalism toward our patients and our hospital team, being mindful of what my appearance and behavior communicates.
· Excellence – I will always provide world class quality and safe patient care.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
The Perioperative Aide is accountable for performing routine care under the direction of the RN and physician. The Aide assists nursing staff as a support system throughout the patients’ surgical process. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared and cleaned for next procedure. Cleans and stocks all turn-overs carts, blanket warmers and maintains stretchers in proper order for patient transport. Assist by performing other aide related duties to promote smooth functioning of surgical department. Is able to transport patients, supplies, blood, and specimens in a safe and efficient way to assure world class service to our patients
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.