Transport EMT Critical Care Full Time Days - Sebring, FL
Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Internal Number: 21005857
Transport Emergency Medical Technician AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence program booklet.
· Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination.
· Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
· Helps in completing supply and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Refuels as per department protocol. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
· Works as a team while transporting, assisting in patient management and able to effectively communicate information to other health care members.
· Performs EMT skills in both emergency and non-emergent conditions. Able to assess and perform BLS on all age groups.
· Ensures patient documentation is accurate, complete and is in compliance at all times.
· Understands and appropriately uses equipment/systems in the department to include but not limited to the EPCR, Cerner, monitors and stretchers
What You Will Need:
· Current EMT license with the State of Florida, Department of Health upon hire
· Active Class E Florida Driver’s License, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with AH policy upon hire
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
· AVADE Education within 6 months of hire date
· 8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 8 hours Stroke Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annuall
Under general supervision the ED Trans Ground Manager, the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is an allied health care team member who is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The EMT shall be the primary vehicle operator. Working as a team member during transport, the EMT shall assist in the delivery of patient care. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.