Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking an Orthopedic Tech II (Full-Time), to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida. **$5,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
This position is responsible for:
All casting procedures and application/approval of soft goods. To provide assistance to the provider whenever needed, to expedite the patient care process.
- Responsible for all casting and Orthopedic equipment.
- Application and removal of all types of casts, splints and soft goods. Modify casts as needed in clinic and in hospital when necessary for the patient benefit.
- Instruct patient, parents/legal guardians in appropriate use and care of casts and Orthopedic equipment.
- Responsible for inventory of all casting materials, splints and soft goods.
- Ability to verbalize descriptions of orthopedic conditions with basic understanding of anatomical structures and relationships with one another.
- Ability to apply, adjust, and remove all common orthopedic devices, using a manual or standard practice as a guide.
- Knowledge of theory and application of skin or skeletal traction.
- Knowledge of the proper application of aseptic techniques in dressing change, removal of sutures or staples and in setting up surgical fields.
- Ability to interpret simple fractures and dislocations on X-ray films.
- Ability to perform in an operating room environment as first and second assistant or scrub technician under the direct supervision of a surgeon.
- Ability to supervise and train other certified, eligible Orthopedic Technologists.
- Assist with rooming of patients.
- Obtain vital signs
- Capturing and entering patient information into EMR.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation such as x-rays and laboratory reports are available for provider's review.
- Rooming of patients into exam rooms with preparation for exam and assisting provider with exam.
4. Ensure accurate ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes are recorded.
5. Assist the provider with procedures as necessary.
6. Under the direction of the provider will schedule PT/OT, surgery and diagnostic tests to include pre-authorization and notification of patient.
7. Prepare, clean and stock exam rooms for clinic.
8. Ability to cross cover in other clinical departments.
- High School Diploma required. Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience required.
- Certification by The National Board of Certification for Orthopedic Technologists preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required.
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)