You are required to upload resume, license/certifications with your application.
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PRN, as needed on nights, weekends and holidays.
Location: 701 WINTHROP AVE, Glendale Heights, 60139
The role you’ll contribute:
Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Assesses patient 's ability to perform independent living skills safely and effectively. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
• Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
• Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
• Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Master's degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.