This is an exciting opportunity to join our Medical Staff at St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in the beautiful North State.
We are beyond THRILLED to be expanding our Hospitalist Team and adding a Hospitalist Pediatrician the team.
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital is a rural hospital with 76 beds licensed tertiary care. We have 4 outpatient rural health clinics, 1 oncology and infusion clinic, wound healing center and imaging center. St. Elizabeth is a Level III Trauma Center, and Joint Commission Certified Stroke Center. It is part of the Dignity Health and Catholic Health partnership, forming CommonSpirit Health, one of the
largest nonprofit health systems in the nation. Together we form 140 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites in 21 states.
- Development of a patient centric, physician led practice model with support staff
- Strong referral system/Easy access to specialists
- Access to 24/7 Hospitalist Program
- Level III Trauma Center
- Level III NICU at our Sister Hospital Mercy Medical Center Redding
- Great schools, affordable real estate and amazing outdoor recreation
- Established team with 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 7 on/7 off-block schedule for continuity of care
- Coverage of pediatric patients included; 1-2 pediatric patients a day, primarily newborns; may also assist ER in facilitating transfers of critical patients
- Open ICU - Hospitalist team responds to code blue, procedural skills are preferred, but not required. Ability to manage septic shock and vent management required.
- Cerner EMR and access to Sound Physicians internal informatics platform
- Family medicine or Med/Peds only - cannot accept internal medicine due to pediatric coverage
- Salary range:$320k-$330k; dependent upon experience
- J1 eligible; access to Sounds in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Compensation package includes:
- Recruitment packages (Sign On and Moving allocation)
- Amazing benefits including medical insurance, dental, vision options
Must be board eligible/board certified
Must maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) AND Neonatal CPR (NRP) certification
Must be able to provide care for Neonate resuscitation.
High risk or complex patients transferred to higher level care.
Provide care to patients birth to 18 years old
Standby/on call for emergency or complicated C-sections. ED call for pediatrics patients.
Physicians may admit to hospital and provide care including diagnosis and management of pediatric patients with uncomplicated conditions which are non-life threatening.
Provide care, including diagnosis and management of infants with serious life-threatening conditions for the purpose of stabilization and facilitating transfer. Includes all Category I and II procedures.
Provide care for pediatric patients less than 14 years of age, including diagnosis and management of patients with serious life-threatening conditions for the purpose of stabilization and facilitating transfer. Includes all Category I and II procedures.
Additional expectations include:
Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Dignity Health Medical Group,and Common Spirit
Promotes a culture of innovation and commitment to High Reliability Organization
Promotes a culture of excellence, health equity, inclusiveness, and positivity in the clinical learning environment.
Demonstrates clinical excellence
Actively and regularly participates in designated committees and meetings.
Demonstrates effective communication skills and professionalism.
For more than 100 years, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital has been serving the people of Tehama County. Dedicated to providing quality and compassionate patient care in a healing environment, the 76-bed the hospital offers all private patient rooms and a range of services on campus. St. Elizabeth also has an extensive network of outpatient services, with more than 100,000 visits to our clinics annually.
Level III Trauma Center
Certified Primary Stroke Center | American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
Outpatient Primary Care
Womens Health Clinic
Family Birth Services
Outpatient Imaging Center
Outpatient Surgery Center
Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
Orthopedic, General Medicine and Minimally Invasive Surgical Services
Outpatient Infusion Services
Home Health and Hospice Care
Ambulance/Medical Life Support Unit Services
Telemedicine specialties in Intensive Care (ICU), Stroke, Behavioral Health and Pediatrics
- Awards and Recognitions
American Heart Associations Stroke Silver Plus Get With The Guidelines | Stroke Quality Achievement Award
Leap Frog Grade A
- CMS Four Star Rating
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital continues to
identify needed services in our community, and
is expanding to keep pace with those needs. It is
our mission to provide continuous, comprehensive
care, and our dedicated staff ensure every patient
receives personal and specialized treatment.
President, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital