Physician anesthesiologists evaluate, monitor, and supervise patient care before, during, and after surgery, delivering anesthesia, leading the Anesthesia Care Team (MD/CRNA model), and ensuring optimal patient safety in a fast-paced ambulatory surgery practice. Physician anesthesiologists specialize in anesthesia care, pain management, and critical care medicine. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics). ASA 1 to 3 patients. No call, weekends, or holidays. Attractive salary with benefits.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects and duties may be required.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Work with Anesthesia team, including CRNA's
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- Order laboratory tests, diagnostic procedures, X-rays, and clinical tests
- Candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.