Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: 17974548
Atlantic Health is Seeking a Nurse Practitioner for a Great Opportunity in Morristown NJ!
Atlantic Health, one of New Jersey's largest non-profit healthcare networks, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join the Trauma and Acute Care Center. Morristown Medical Center's Luciano Family Trauma and Acute Care Center is verified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II by the state of New Jersey. This is an outstanding position for career growth as the ideal candidate will be given plenty of hands-on opportunities to further develop current skills in a highly collegial and multidisciplinary team environment.
Morristown Medical Center has been ranked the number one hospital in New Jersey for the fifth consecutive year by U.S. News & World Report in its 2022-2023 Best Hospital rankings. The medical center was also ranked the number nine hospital in the New York Metro area.
The primary role of the Nurse Practitioner is to provide clinical management for critically ill complex neuro patients utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the Neuro ICU supervising physician and attending backup ICU physicians. The NP will also be expected to assist with emergency management of neuro patients outside of ICU and respond to inpatient code strokes. A 24-hour coverage will be divided amongst multiple nurse practitioners.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Obtain health histories and complete neuro and physical examinations. Document pertinent findings. Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests. Explain the necessity and nature of anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, families, healthcare team members, and students.
- Formulate and implement a treatment plan in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Assess the patient for change in status and institute appropriate interventions to stabilize the patient.
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of the patient.
- Support IRB-approved clinical research /trials through a variety of activities.
- Perform and participate in quality performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Serve as a clinical expert and leadership consultant to nursing, healthcare team members, and the larger community.
- Bachelors & Master's degree required
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in New Jersey
- ACLS and BLS required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Acute Care experience as an APN is preferred
- Several years of critical bedside RN experience is a plus
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills
- Strong work ethic and a team player who can work independently
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive Occurrence Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System - eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $2500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted "Great Place to Work "- 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please send your CV to Brian Mills, Physician and Advanced Practice Recruiter, at Brian.Mills@atlantichealth.org.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ.
Morristown Medical Center located in Morristown, NJ, is a nationally-ranked regional medical center and a recognized leader in cardiovascular medicine, orthopedics, and nursing. The hospital was named as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades in 2016 and 2017 and was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top hospital nationwide for cardiology and orthopedics. Morristown Medical Center is certified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II Trauma Center by the state of New Jersey. Morristown Medical Center is part of Atlantic Health System, one of the largest non-profit health care delivery systems in New Jersey.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.